Friday, January 12, 2007

Division Playoffs

You know what drives me nuts?

Patriots hype.

Your team goes out there and works hard all year. They overcome injuries, suspensions, offensive adversity, and come out with a league best record of 14-2. They go to the playoffs, and enjoy that hard-earned week off. They entertain the media for two weeks, and spend time preparing for their next opponent. Meanwhile some Wild Card games get played, and four teams beat 4 teams that shouldn't have been in the playoff's to begin with. After they do this, they get crowned the next Superbowl Champion.

Now, I'm not stupid, and I'm rarely so ignorant it causes blindness, so I'll admit that Tom Brady, Brian Belicheck and the New England Patriots have historically done very well in the playoffs. In fact, Brady has the best record by a quaterback in the playoffs EVER. He's only lost once. That's impressive. Now, I don't mind giving props where they're due, and I certainly don't mind giving credit to the New England Patriots. However, I listen to alot of NFL Radio, and I read ALOT about NFL playoff football, and all I see is people talking about how good the Patriots are, and how easily they will beat the Chargers this week.

It angers me to no end, that NOONE give the Chargers any credit. People seemed to have forgot about the NFL MVP, and the BEST REGULAR SEASON RECORD. This team is no slouch, and while I'm not going to tell you that they are going to handle the Patriots with ease, they deserve to be given the edge on this "re-tooled", "re-built" Patriots team.

San Diego is NOT the New York Jets (who the Pats struggled with for 3 quarters last week). Their pass rush is far better (#1 in the NFL), their secondary is completely healthy (the Jets were missing 2 starters) and their offense is no slouch either (#4 in the NFL). Oh, and don't forget about our running attack (#1 in the NFL).

Sure, we've got a rookie quarterback who has never played a playoff game in the NFL, and sure we've got Coach Schottenheimer (Marty-ball) who is 5-12 in the playoffs, but first off, I've heard the inexperience card played against Rivers earlier this year, before the season started. Well, I guess they weren't totally right on that one. And it's easy to forget that Marty lost most of his playoff games to a significant quarterback who played in Denver. You may know him- John Elway.

All I want is for the Chargers to be shown a little respect. I'm not claiming that they will walk all over the Pats this weekend, but I do think they will win. Can someone just agree with me?

That's all I got, and here's my weekend picks:

Eagles @ Saints = Saints

Seahawks @ Bears = Bears

Colts @ Ravens = Ravens

Pats @ Chargers = Chargers

3 Comments:

Blogger LBomb said...

I would just like to point out that my superbowl pick earlier in the season in this blog is till possible. Indiana vs. Chicago. However, I'm cheering for America's sweethearts - the Saints.

9:21 PM  
Blogger LBomb said...

I would like to go on "blog record" as saying the Colts will win the Super Bowl.

7:33 PM  
Blogger b00erns said...

I'm too lazy to make a real post, but I would also like to go on record to say the Bears will win the Superbowl.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home