Wednesday, November 29, 2006

HOT or NOT?

As I consume my propostorous amounts of sports entertainment, I'm often induced to long periods of thought. Lots of the time it's complete crap, that makes no sense, even to me, and sometimes, it's as valuable as a rare diamond, but impossible for me to put to paper. But lately, I've been asking myself some questions, that I think need answering.

First up,

How bad are the Toronto Raptors?

I don't talk much about basketball, and that's for a good reason. Unlike football and hockey, I don't know much about basketball, and I don't care much for basketball. But, from what I can tell, the Toronto Raptors are bad - like Houston Texans bad, but worse. I remember thinking to myself in the offseason, "man, it seems like the Raptors are making some really good signings. I can't pronounce any of their names, but all these Europeans are supposed to be great." NO. They've been awful. Maybe Toronto should just fold, or move to New York. It doesn't seem right that Basketball is the only sport to NOT have two teams in New York.

How good is Drew Brees?

Drew Brees has revived the New Orleans Saints from what seemed like impossible depths. He's been outstanding, and put up some of the best offensive numbers in the NFL. Add that to the success he has had in San Diego and it's indisputable that Drew Brees is a great quarterback. Now what really makes me wonder how good he is, is how well Philip Rivers has played this year. I can't help but think that three years behind the tutelage of Drew Brees made Rivers the quarterback he is today. I think that it has had a huge impact on him, and is just another addition the list of great accomplishments Drew Brees calls his resume.

How stupid is J.P. Riccardi?

Is it just me, or have the Blue Jays signings of this offseason been about as intelligent as political speech by Pauly Shore? Last summer, I thought J.P. was a genius. Overbay, Ryan, Burnett, Molina, Glaus, the guy was doing everything right. He spent some bucks, and boy were they in the right place. But then this year, he has done nothing, despite a bump in salary space. He's signed Big Hurt, which is an iffy, but popular call. Now he's signed Royce Clayton, who I didnt even know the hell he was. And what happened with Rod Barajas? He had him signed, then Barajas backed out? What the hell? And to top off the stupid decisions, he signs Zaun. NOT ONLY, does he sign him, but gives him over 7 M for a two year contract. SHOCKING. It could just be me, but I think J.P. needs to lay off the reefer.

Can the Buffalo Sabres make it last?

The Sabres are good. No doubt about it. Can this winning streak they're on last the entire season though? Just something I was thinking about. And for that matter...

How good is Cristobal Huet?

The guy has played amazing for the past month and is a huge reason the Habs are as good as they are. Props.

How accurate are the numbers on Vanderjagt?

Is it strange that the all time most accurate kicker in NFL HISTORY is without a job? Vanderjagt got released this week, and not that I really care ( I think he's an assclown and an embarrassment to Canadians) but surely, the guy who ALL TIME in the NFL has the highest kicking average should have a job somewhere? Shouldn't he?

Anyways, just some thoughts I've had.

That's all I got.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im fully taking credit for the "assclown" reference. Dont even try to claim it as your own :p

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm a douche bag.

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sabers? Huet? The real power of the NHL balance lies in the West. Ducks, Kiprusoff should be the song of praise.

Western Conference bound is Lord Stanleys prize.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Jenner said...

Who names their kid Cristobal anyway.

11:34 PM  
Blogger LBomb said...

I agree. The West is so strong. They'll win it just like last year. And the year before. And the year before...oh wait.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home